Naruto's Way of the Ninja 3.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Naruto based RPG Forum. Non-canon characters and guaranteed unique system. The epitome of a five year forum RPG tradition.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
- Time and Date -

Week: ZERO
Clock: GMT+0 (No Daylight Savings Time in effect)

- Important Links -
¬ Forum Rules
¬ Behavior Guide
¬ Character Rules
¬ The Stat System
¬ Combat Rules
¬ Clan, Money, & Mission Rules

¬ FAQ
¬ Forum Licenses

¬ Kekkei Genkai, Trades and Talents
¬ Biju and Jinchuriki
¬ Summon Contracts
¬ Sennin Mode
¬ Cursed Seals

¬ Shinobi History
¬ World of NWOTN
¬ Samurai Factions
- Administrators -

TenchiMoriInferintTakaiKitty

- Affiliates -

Facebook

Affiliates

Super Anime RPG Fairy Tail Guild Fairy Tail RPG

NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi

Go down 
+11
TagRag
Dakota
Rundown
Cris
Shizuka
Shiori
FusionWarrior
Seiichi
Mori
Suta
Ui
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Ui
Admin Chuunin
Admin Chuunin
Ui

Male
Number of posts : 2072

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue72/35NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (72/35)
Secondary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue0/0NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tertiary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue0/0NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty
PostSubject: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:51 pm

Dawn of the Shinobi
Over the past month, the site has been going through a change. So far, the changes have been small ranging from a new site layout to the current starting rank of Chuunin. However, that is not the extent of the change. This announcement is to make public the largest change of all, a revamp of sorts. We, the admin, have been working on a new site plot and setting. Currently, the setting is within villages, somewhat getting along with one another, but no longer.

The sites setting will be morphed into a time before villages, where shinobi roam the terrain as bands of criminals under the Samurai Government. This is a basic overall setting, not too detailed. However, that isn’t the only thing that will be new. We will also be introducing a new “clan” system. This system will allow members to form their own groups of shinobi and become your own clan. Once big enough, you and your clan can purchase a hideout, and become your very own user group. Of course, this won’t be cheap.

Those above are the two biggest changes, there are several others to be taking place. With these changes, we believe it'll give more control to the average member on how things are done in RP.

Since this is a site changing event, we the admins, are allowing free changes for all members. The changes can be as simple as changing the history so it’ll fit the plot or a completely new character. Either way, you will keep the levels, exp amount, yen amount, and rep amount during this change.

These changes will be happening with in a couple weeks, they will not be implemented now, so you have time to plan.
Feel free to post up your thoughts on this.
Back to top Go down
Suta
Chuunin
Chuunin
Suta

Number of posts : 1022
Humor : Genjutsu's Make My Brain Sparkle!

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue54/30NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (54/30)
Secondary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue0/25NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (0/25)
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:37 pm

Zomg this sounds amaze!

*My first site era transition*

Thumbs up you guys, really looking forward to it! Two weeks can't come fast enough!

So which of you have dibs on the first shinobi group?
Back to top Go down
Mori
Admin Jounin
Admin Jounin
Mori

Male
Number of posts : 3595
Forum Position : Tenshu
Humor : And I know, I know it's not your time...but bye bye.

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue50/50NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)
Secondary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue9/35NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (9/35)
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:17 pm

Me. :P
Back to top Go down
Seiichi
Chuunin
Chuunin
Seiichi

Male
Number of posts : 489
Forum Position : ¥Eval Mod¥
Humor : Kishimoto

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue25/25NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Secondary Exp:
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Are you serious?
Back to top Go down
FusionWarrior
Chuunin
Chuunin
FusionWarrior

Male
Number of posts : 110
Forum Position : Event Mod
Humor : Artistic License :]

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue19/25NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (19/25)
Secondary Exp:
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:21 pm

I'm sure I'll be part of that 5% of negative people but I liked it the way it was.. T.T I didn't see anything wrong with the old system, except that there wasn't a lot of people to keep all of the villages open. The same problem will probably end up happening. There will only end up being two clans competing with each other or several incredibly small clans. I'm not sure if this was intended to increase activity or just to take a huge leap and see how the new system works but if there was a vote, mine would be on not changing. Of course my opinion probably doesn't matter because I just started on this site, but I was really enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Seiichi
Chuunin
Chuunin
Seiichi

Male
Number of posts : 489
Forum Position : ¥Eval Mod¥
Humor : Kishimoto

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue25/25NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Secondary Exp:
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:55 pm

Not a fan of the "back in time" idea.
Back to top Go down
Shiori
Jounin
Jounin
Shiori

Female
Number of posts : 2024
Forum Position : Shop Mod
Humor : everything is funny when it doesn't matter

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue10/50NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (10/50)
Secondary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue3/25NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (3/25)
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:46 pm

I love this idea... I had always thought the feudal era timeline was a bit at odds with the preconception of the established great shinobi villages. I see how many will be resistant to this change, but I think if we all give it a chance it will being allow us all to build into a great RP with lots of opportunities for everyone. Anyway, just lending some support to a more original storyline.
Back to top Go down
Shizuka
Genin
Genin
Shizuka

Female
Number of posts : 137
Humor : You can flip all the cards in your trap card zone, but you're not gonna take my Pharaoh's Throne!

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue5/10NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Secondary Exp:
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 8:57 am

I think the idea is really interesting, but it will be a huuuge change! The lack of villages and a stable ninja system will definitely change my character's history, and likely personality too x'D So much plotting to do. But I'll admit I will really miss the old system - I liked getting to roleplay the life of a ninja in a village :'3
Back to top Go down
http://thesestarrynights-v2.proboards.com
Cris
Jounin
Jounin
Cris

Male
Number of posts : 1849
Humor : I hope you all blow up into a glorious wave of confetti.

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue39/60NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (39/60)
Secondary Exp:
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 10:21 am

Lol...Oh man...
Dunno how I feel about this. Not going to say I'm "pleasantly surprised" nor am I going to bash the idea..I like change...but ummm...this is drastic xD

As long as "clans" are somehow "organized" in a way that makes sense, where individuals aren't stuck with "clansmen" who are all low leveled just to be ravaged by the higher levels who may/might band together. (I don't know what the "plan" is, so this is just me talking without knowing the whole situation...feel free to disregard this if all of this is taken care of). I would suggest with our current member-base limit each clan (so far) by Ranks (to begin with).

Proto-Type Clan A:
1 S-rank (or level 40+)(Head of Clan)
2-3 A-ranks (Level 30+)
? B-ranks (Everyone is Chuunin + anyways)

I think we have about 3-4 S-rank people as of now so that's a good 3-4 "Clans" or just people who are level 40+ to be "heads of clans", we have plenty of A-ranks I believe (Or if not, then Level 30+), and we have bunch of B-ranks (Level 15+)

Just my thought on balance of power. //endramblings...

Again, I don't know how to feel yet. Change is good though...(I think/hope)
Back to top Go down
Rundown
Chuunin
Chuunin
Rundown

Male
Number of posts : 352
Forum Position : Similitude of Eval Mod
Humor : What's that? A bone?

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue9/25NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (9/25)
Secondary Exp:
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 3:10 pm

Whoa!

Well, I'll take this with mixed feelings, but I think Cris' idea does make a lot of sense.

Well, let's hope for the best!
Back to top Go down
http://hizashimaru@deviantart.com
Dakota
Chuunin
Chuunin
Dakota

Male
Number of posts : 598
Forum Position : Whatever Position You Want
Humor : Dat A$$

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue42/35NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (42/35)
Secondary Exp:
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 3:18 pm

Very interesting Idea indeed and I lend it my full support, now I just need to find someone to band with so taking offers on who wants to employ this free agent when the changes do happen.
Back to top Go down
Mori
Admin Jounin
Admin Jounin
Mori

Male

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue50/50NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)
Secondary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue9/35NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (9/35)
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:27 pm

There is a slight misconception about how clans work.

Think of Clans like Guilds from MMOs. You do not need them to be able to rank up, or function at all. They're just added incentives to work together and will provided bonuses to "all" clan members who do work together. However, you can still function perfectly well while not being a clan and still rank up to the highest level.

They aren't pseudo-villages, at least not by old system standards.
Back to top Go down
TagRag
Chuunin
Chuunin
TagRag

Male
Number of posts : 55
Humor : Testicles. That is all.

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue0/25NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (0/25)
Secondary Exp:
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:20 pm

Still on the fence about this, and this particular idea doesn't effect a new guy like me, but what if instead of spontaneously jumping to a different timeline and having the villages jump off the continent, we have some sort of Great Ninja War, something everyone can participate in over the course of an expanded amount of time (maybe a month or two?), and have the admins' characters control some critical points in the war which will eventually lead to the Samurai world that you, the admins, are working on. That way, everyone's characters can adapt to the new world order etc. It would kinda like how the Star Wars universe used to have a bunch of Sith and a bunch of Jedi in the Old Republic which, through the events that we all know (I hope XD), eventually lead to just Luke, which eventually got rebuilt into a lot of Jedi and a lot of Sith like the old republic. That was a long way of saying we should use events to go forward on the timeline to revert back to a previous culture and way of things. Also, I like starting as a student. Can we keep that option somehow?
Back to top Go down
Mori
Admin Jounin
Admin Jounin
Mori

Male

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
Secondary Exp:
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:24 pm

Whole problem with that is, none of the admin have the time to really moderate that type of event. Between College and School, Work, and other things, it'd take far longer than a month or two, and more than likely never really get completed. I can't say members have that much time on their hands either nor do we have a real member base to get things completed in a timely manner.

Second to that, because we're going backwards, justifying that type of change is overly complicated and kind of contrary to how we have the system set.

Lastly because we don't really have a major storyline happening, it'd be an easier change then trying to come up with a new one, then to revamp the site, and make another new storyline.

And we're removing the academy student rank because it doesn't fit in with the new world. So at best you'd have to remain a genin.
Back to top Go down
TagRag
Chuunin
Chuunin
TagRag

Male
Number of posts : 55
Humor : Testicles. That is all.

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
Secondary Exp:
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:48 pm

I see. That makes sense... Screw it! We're all quitting school!
Back to top Go down
YungPhoenix
Chuunin
Chuunin
YungPhoenix

Male
Number of posts : 41
Humor : Jikan kizoku no saigo...

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
Secondary Exp:
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 10:54 pm

My opinion…trend carefully XP

I oppose the idea; I loved the old system, fell in love with it the first day I started reading up on it. This idea isn’t…as appealing to me for the mindset that I have as a role-player, I enjoy starting a character from a close to square one as possible, which in my head for a ninja world is the point before a character becomes/is considered a ninja. I have completely no idea at the moment how I would start; I don’t believe I could have a functional character in an uncharted land under the rule of a Samurai Government. Unless there are some geographic plans in the works that will have some serious descriptions and background info and again in my opinion the reason why the village system is so lovely in because they all have a decent amount of preset appearance, background info, and layout, but still leave enough room to create areas inside the village that aren’t preset. That aside, while it’s said that we will have time to make new ideas for new characters or an edited version of current characters, even though I’m fairly new to the site I don’t think I can get used to this new idea, mainly because I loved the old system and saw so much potential in it.

On the supportive of things (sort of…) I like the idea of the “clan” system to create a group of shinobi that rival other groups or perhaps even the Samurai Government. O.o But I just don’t support overall idea of changing the plot and setting of the site to such an extent.

Again my opinion, don’t hate me! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Mori
Admin Jounin
Admin Jounin
Mori

Male

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
Secondary Exp:
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 8:24 am

Well, we still plan on having just as much descriptions for geography as before. All the countries will still be different and will have details about them that separate them from all the others. From how shinobi work and functioning within the countries to their relationship with samurai, to the types of jobs they have, to the types of residences they live within.

You can still "start from the ground up", the only real challenge of that is, you'll more than likely have to attach yourself to someone for protection ---unless everyone is nice enough to just let you run around unscathed or you're just that clever--. It is still possible to start pre-ninjadom, but the only real way to do that successfully is mentoring and connection to someone stronger. Which is, for the most part the same as the village system, only you cannot really rely on NPC. This, amongst a lot of other things, is also to force people to role-play with each other, even the ones who don't want to.

But aside from that, understood.
Back to top Go down
Reikonnobu
Genin
Genin

Male
Number of posts : 27

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue6/10NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (6/10)
Secondary Exp:
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 9:35 am

I like this idea; there is a much higher potential here than what I saw and began with when I joined. This is mainly due to the NPC. With this earlier set time, new everything can be reformed just because it's blank. This could grow into new, but small, villages. Although that would take forever, it's rather like a persuit of something greater that motivates the characters for now. I would enjoy getting out of that stuck-in-one-place feel and expand my settings. It's also going to be a challenge to try any stay alive! I think there'd be more lions and tigers and boars about the world wouldn't there be? Along with other mythics too like Kirin and dragons. Dude now I am psyched
Back to top Go down
Rumiko
Chuunin
Chuunin
Rumiko

Male
Number of posts : 266

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue0/35NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (0/35)
Secondary Exp:
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:31 pm

This setup sounds incredible. I would LOVE to RP in this new setting. Great thinking, guys.

Gah, I need free time. May can't come fast enough for me!
Back to top Go down
Rukasu
Chuunin
Chuunin
Rukasu

Male
Number of posts : 606
Humor : Everyone else...

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
Secondary Exp:
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 3:45 pm

Okay I have a question, I just technically posted a pay day and a topic eval, so when i do a new char, the recent pay that i recieved and the exp can that be added to a new character for the new story line?

I will be making a new character soon...
Back to top Go down
Shiori
Jounin
Jounin
Shiori

Female
Number of posts : 2024
Humor : everything is funny when it doesn't matter

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue10/50NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (10/50)
Secondary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue3/25NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (3/25)
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 4:44 pm

Not for the Payday, but only because all the accounts have been dumped already. You will be able to request a payday when your new account has been accepted, which wont be until after the site is ready.

As far as the EXP I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Rukasu
Chuunin
Chuunin
Rukasu

Male
Number of posts : 606
Humor : Everyone else...

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
Secondary Exp:
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 7:22 pm

Well I just finished my new character, I was wondering where can we post them or we have to wait?
Back to top Go down
Ui
Admin Chuunin
Admin Chuunin
Ui

Male
Number of posts : 2072

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Left_bar_bleue72/35NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty_bar_bleue  (72/35)
Secondary Exp:
Tertiary Exp:

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:43 pm

Wait for now. Full release will be within the next couple of days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi   NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi Empty

Back to top Go down

NWOTN 3.5 Dawn of Shinobi
Page 1 of 1